We started our Thanksgiving with the boys waking up way too early for Cory's one day off. All day we heard "Is it time to go to Grammy's?" so I headed to the kitchen and left Cory in charge of the little turkeys. One of Gabe's favorite things to do, since he's been in school, is to lounge in his pj's for as long as we will allow it. I'm not so picky about making him get dressed, but we had to peel the pj pants off him that I think he'd been wearing since he got off the bus on Tuesday. The battle of getting a shower and wearing something decent to Grammy's house had begun, and as usual it ended in tears and someone stomping off in anger. I regained my control and made Cory battle it out. I assume they finally worked it all out, however even though the temperature dropped below 60 degrees for the first time, Gabe was still in short sleeves (and had the nerve to complain about the rain and the cold weather).
We loaded up the car with mashed potatoes, apple cake, kids and several pounds of turkey crafts to display at Grammy's table. Aunt Kelly was joining us, but Aunt Megan and her family were traveling so it was a small gathering. However Grammy treated the boys to fun activities. She had hidden feathers, with clues from Mr. Turkey asking them to find his feathers, around her house and had the boys make 'buck skin' bags to gather them. Gabe, the reader, lead the crew and they all ended up with treats and lots of feathers. Then we all wrote what we were thankful for on a leaf and decorated Grammy's Thankful Tree. Next came the eating and oh boy did we have a yummy feast! No Mulroy meal would be complete without us laughing (at each other of course) and someone knocking over, okay, shattering a glass goblet - hey, I was trying to help clean up. It was really my plan to get out of clean up duty next year. 
Caleb modeling his bag:
Off to find more clues and feathers:
Later that night, when I was tucking Caleb in, he was still puzzled by one thing about the day. "Mommy, how did the turkey know how to write?!?"
We loaded up the car with mashed potatoes, apple cake, kids and several pounds of turkey crafts to display at Grammy's table. Aunt Kelly was joining us, but Aunt Megan and her family were traveling so it was a small gathering. However Grammy treated the boys to fun activities. She had hidden feathers, with clues from Mr. Turkey asking them to find his feathers, around her house and had the boys make 'buck skin' bags to gather them. Gabe, the reader, lead the crew and they all ended up with treats and lots of feathers. Then we all wrote what we were thankful for on a leaf and decorated Grammy's Thankful Tree. Next came the eating and oh boy did we have a yummy feast! No Mulroy meal would be complete without us laughing (at each other of course) and someone knocking over, okay, shattering a glass goblet - hey, I was trying to help clean up. It was really my plan to get out of clean up duty next year. 
Caleb modeling his bag:
Off to find more clues and feathers:
Later that night, when I was tucking Caleb in, he was still puzzled by one thing about the day. "Mommy, how did the turkey know how to write?!?" Grammy's Thankful Tree:

Not holiday related: Some where Gabe heard an expression and was playing spies with Caleb when I over heard a large thump and "Oh, man! I hurt my mother!" Can I blame this one on public school?

No comments:
Post a Comment