Laundry. I never seem to be caught up on it. I don't mind the washing, drying or even the folding, it's that last step of putting everything away. I usually sort clothes into piles on our bed, avoid putting it away and then nighttime comes and my choices of sleep are the floor or the bath tub. Cory did get me a nice big jetted tub so sometimes that option sounds nice.
What I can't figure out is why we have a giant basket full of just socks after one week. Five people, ten feet and one pair worn daily...... it just doesn't add up. I do have to factor in Micah's nighttime socks over the hands, but still, enough socks to fill the washer? There must be a mysterious sock monster not stealing them from the dryer but dirtying them up and putting them into our basket. I used to have a sock passion...obsession really, they were all paired up, numbered and pinned together. And they could only be worn for so many hours before I had to put new ones on since I can't stand stretched out socks (or wet socks, yuck, don't you hate stepping into a tiny amount of water and the socks just squish and feel gross). My father in law even introduced me as Katie Clean Socks Hatzidakis at our Ohio wedding reception. But back to laundry. I also was having a hard time figuring out why I was always finding candy wrappers in the washer. I try to empty the pockets and can figure out the nails (Cory), rocks (Gabe) and tissues (Caleb)- (you don't even want to know what Micah's laundry contains and he doesn't even have pockets in those pj's!) but wrappers seemed to come from every other load. I investigated further just to find out them were coming from my laundry. Oops. I happened to forget sneaking the boys Easter, Fourth of July, Labor Day and Halloween candy. My Mom likes to supply holiday candy for any and every holiday and I hide it from them and eat it instead.
I guess its better than the time when I was pregnant with Micah and craved laundry detergent. All of the boys clothes from those few months are permanently infused with the smell of detergent. I made Cory sprinkle powder detergent on the carpet, then vacuum it up and even wore Gain dryer sheets in every pocket. And we wonder why he has skin issues....
These pictures are unrelated to the posting but they were so cute with Micah acting like DuPont. She was quite confused as to why this big green thing that walks up right kept drinking like her. I thought it was hard to snap pictures of the kids, but a dog, for some reason, doesn't listen to 'hold still' or 'say cheese.' And that's Caleb, in the nighttime diaper, and even when its 50 below outside (that happens a lot in Georgia) Caleb still will sleep in just a diaper. We can't figure it out. Micah was very upset that night because we wouldn't let DuPont sleep in his bed with him. I think she was happy with our decision.
These pictures are unrelated to the posting but they were so cute with Micah acting like DuPont. She was quite confused as to why this big green thing that walks up right kept drinking like her. I thought it was hard to snap pictures of the kids, but a dog, for some reason, doesn't listen to 'hold still' or 'say cheese.' And that's Caleb, in the nighttime diaper, and even when its 50 below outside (that happens a lot in Georgia) Caleb still will sleep in just a diaper. We can't figure it out. Micah was very upset that night because we wouldn't let DuPont sleep in his bed with him. I think she was happy with our decision.

No comments:
Post a Comment