Kts3boys:

A blog a day keeps the therapist away.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Ladybugs

Ladybug! Ladybug! Fly away home;
Your house is on fire, your children all gone;
All but one, and her name is Ann,
And she crept under the pudding pan.
Medieval harvest poem
With the warm weather that keeps coming our way, we have days in which ladybugs cover the windows and doors. My first reaction was calling Cory, asking him to find something to kill them all but was surprised to find that Caleb and Micah spent two hours playing with the tiny beetles. Later I was even more surprised to find that Caleb and Micah spent the time hunting down the ladybugs. They are my new little exterminators, armed with tissues as there weapon of choice. Now, if the ladybugs decide to venture off the window and say, perhaps go to the kitchen floor or into the bedrooms, Micah is not happy. He won't leave the room until the ladybug has been properly returned.
Did you know that in 1999, the space program sent ladybugs into space? They accompanied the astronauts for an experiment about gravity in the prey vs. predator dealings with aphids. I think that they should send these two next time, they could come up with experiments about potty training and if brothers can still fight while in zero gravity.

Happy Birthday to Kelsey! I was going to say that you are such a wonderful young lady, which is true, but it makes me sound so old Aunt-ish. Instead I'll just say you are the best 15 year old in the world - We love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Aunt-ish Aunt Katie!!!! Tee-Hee!!!! Thanks soooo much for the cute E-Card!!! I love and miss you guys alot! Say Hi to Gabe, Midgee, and Micah for me!

Love, QT