On Friday night, Cory watched the boys so I could go to a church mini-retreat for the ladies. I had the best time with the girls, my stomach hurt by the time I got home because of all the laughing we did. So fueled by all the fun, I decided to take the boys out for our neighborhood wide yard sale. I normally don't venture into public with the three and especially without another adult to chaperon (the spell check debate of it's spelling: chaperone or chaperon). However, they worked hard getting chores and errands finished, so we loaded up our pockets with quarters and headed out to walk the neighborhood. Each one had four quarters and were allowed to browse at every driveway. Sometimes they wanted to browse at open garage doors that weren't selling things but had interesting items anyway. They all really had a great time deciding what exactly they wanted and if they had the money for it. Somehow not a single cry or whimper came if they didn't have enough money, not even from Gabe that wanted the ten dollar 1970's TV for his room. Micah found the Dora backpack and fell in love with it. I also bought him a GaTech mini fan, not for the team spirit but to blow on his eczema. Caleb spotted an arcade game, one just like Jackson's so he insisted on walking back several driveways to buy it. He could not contain his excitement about finding it that he forgot to stop for the bathroom. We were halfway around the neighborhood when he realised that it too late. Luckily we have nice neighbors. Gabe looked at everything before deciding on what to buy. His strategy was to get the most amount of items for his money. We happened upon a retired school teachers house and Gabe loved everything. He settled on a giant magnet and drawing books. He held onto his last quarter until he found toys for a discount. Gabe loved the thrill of getting several things instead of one big thing like his brothers. I had my own fun with about $8.00. The GameBoy I found doesn't work but the games were worth the price, so we'll have to keep an eye out for an original Gameboy. That's really code for I am going to be on ebay looking. The boys had a great time, got 'stuff' and we even met a few new neighbors. Here are all of our findings:

No comments:
Post a Comment