While I have had Micah throw up all over me and I have sprayed myself with diaper contents, they didn't happen this week. I did, however, notice something scurrying in the washer when I turned the water on to fill up the tub......a roach. In it's hurry to exit, it lodged itself under the spinning arm thing and took its last breath before being covered with water. I called Cory, he was already on his way home from work, and asked him to remove the creature, then I bleached the washer several times. I have been finding lovely creatures in my laundry room (that giant green thing from the camping trip you might recall).... I wonder what is so appealing in there. There was a news report about how with this awful drought we are having the roaches are invading houses looking for water. I can deal with the outdoor watering ban, reusing bath water and only running really full loads in the dishwasher and laundry, but I will not stand for these things running in my house. No, I am not talking about the kids. The traps have been set, 16 of them, and its pouring down rain right now so I am ready for them to leave now.
Micah spent this morning without PJ's! He ran around in his diaper for about an hour before taking that off too, but no scratching at his arms or legs. A week ago we couldn't even get him into the bath tub without screaming and now we can't get him out of the tub without screaming. I think half of it is the skin issue and the other half is the being a two year old issue. I keep forgetting what's its like at that almost three age- everything is ' I do it all by myself' even if they can't. But its been fun watching him try to open jars, buckle his seat belts, change his own diaper, and chop soy cheese. No, I don't let him chop with a real knife. What I really like is when he tries to do big boy stuff with Gabe, who doesn't want a two year old doing whatever it is and cries and usually retaliates, then Micah will cry and sometimes just to join the fun, Caleb will cry and then Mommy gets to hide in the laundry room- asking the roaches for help on how to escape.
I did find Micah playing with the tape we use to attach his sock/gloves on at night:


Here was his 'I get dressed all by myself' day- yes, he's wearing two shirts but one looked like pants to him. Micah has style.

No comments:
Post a Comment