Kts3boys:

A blog a day keeps the therapist away.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Fall....

We, like always, have been busy with getting fall under way. It's still in the 80's some days but we are trying to coax fall into our house. We had chili after a day of raking leaves, leaves that where trimmed off the still green bushes around the house but leaves that the boys jumped into none the less. We have decorated the house with Trick-or-Treat and Thanksgiving items, baked apples, I 'planted' my fake fall flowers because I kill everything that grows, the boys have made bonfires in the back yard, and we have started the fall round of medications for Micah. He is now under the care of yet another doctor, this time a special specialist. She is an Emory University doctor so we feel we are getting the best of the best now, plus she's cute and Micah liked blowing kisses at her.
It's also 'Mommy crying time' because we are packing away the crib after almost 7 years. It must be tired crying because all the lack of sleep because of that crazy 7:04 am bus...I like my sleeping in time but for some reason the county has this rule about not allowing kids to be tardy. Stinky school rules. They also won't let you bring cough drops to school. I need for him to have them so he won't cough, giving away the fact that he might just slightly be sick, not enough for me to keep him home of course. Its just a cough, I promise. Please make him, I mean let him stay at school!
My fabric for Colby's Christmas present came in so I will be down in my basement sewing room for a while, just in case I disappear and you all wonder where I have been. If it gets to be a few weeks, you might want to send the police to check and make sure Micah hasn't sewn me to the floor or locked me into the cabinets. Cory wants me to make something for him using the fabric I got for Colby, it really is cool guy fabric. Good thing we drew Colby's name instead of Mary's ... Cory wouldn't like a tu-tu or T-shirt made out of princess fabric.

Our fall garland. Caleb helped me poke holes and thread the leaves, while Micah stood there saying "wow" and "oh, very nice" then stomped on the extra leaves.
Bye little crib! I'm the only one in the house that will miss you.
It was 81 degrees today hence the crooked shorts but he is working hard on a Halloween inspired present for Grampys birthday on Friday.

1 comment:

Jamie Downhower Olcese said...

I see that you have the book "The Hallo-weiner." I love it! I just read it to my class today! They were cracking up!