Kts3boys:

A blog a day keeps the therapist away.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Micah the perfect angel

Yesterday, Gabe stayed home from school, sort of sick. He apparently has seasonal allergies and it made his eye swell and he was very concerned that the other kids would make fun of it. So we set an appointment with the pediatrician just to check it out and gave him the day to rest. But we didn't really rest, we went to Target for some winter shopping. He needed a coat and more jeans. Why didn't someone tell me that kids grow so fast? He has by passed the size 6 clothing and headed straight into 7's. Our friends, Letitia and Raelin went with us, I think we scared them and the rest of Target with our presence. I am used to just answering 'No, no, no' to everything Gabe tried to sell me on. "Can we get toys? Can I have this Zorro movie? How about the '50% off' chocolate in these bins?" I almost went for that one. Letitia can now attest to why I don't venture into public with all three, I have to shop like in Supermarket Sweep, just grabbing items and launching them into my over stuffed cart. I loved that show! Grab the giant turkeys and garden hoses! Wait, does a grocery store actually carry garden hoses?While I took Gabe to the doctor, my parents watched Caleb and Micah. After returning my Mom was commenting on how wonderful Micah was. She could not see how this little angel could be the one that destroys my house. He sat and played PlayDoh the entire time, well after turning over the toy box, and he didn't even try to eat or pulverize(or cram it into the electric sockets) the PlayDoh. So this morning I was thinking maybe Micah had turned that corner of never being able to be left alone, or maybe I could even unlock the kitchen gate. Bad idea. The angel at Grammys house grabbed the Sharpie and went to town on the floor, then found an open canvas better known as mommy and daddy's first pair of expensive bed sheets. I guess that's what we get for buying the non-Walmart ones before the boys were at least in middle school.
(Caleb left me a little lizard under my pillow)After I uploaded the pictures I went into the kitchen to raid the boys candy, I mean to eat a healthy salad, and found that Micah had also 'decorated' the fridge too.

Micah wore real clothes to church on Sunday, a first in many months! I could barely recognize him doing a little pre-church cleaning. Hooray for the new treatments doing a good job on his arms and legs!

1 comment:

Faulkner3 said...

He looked so precious on Sunday! And he can go anywhere with me and I will leave Raelin with you!