Kts3boys:

A blog a day keeps the therapist away.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Time is Money

Friday:
"Have you boys seen the remote?"
No, Nope, and Nuh meee are the responses.
"It was right here on the table...did one of you use it?"
No.
"How did you boys get the TV on?"
It was already like this.

Next day:
"Did you boys put the remote somewhere?"
Nope, No Mommy.
"Maybe one of you accidentally put it in your room?"
No.
"You guys haven't seen it, touched it or thrown it anywhere?"
Nope.
Later that day:
"Has anyone seen the remote?"
No Daddy!
"Did anyone hide it?" "Have you boys looked in your rooms?"
Nope. No sir!

The next day after that:
"Your dad and I have been looking for it for almost three days. Are you sure you boys don't know where the remote is?"
No.
"Micah, can you find it?" (He usually finds everything, he's part hound I think)
Sor-we Da-dee.
"Caleb, Gabe have you seen it?"
No Mommy.
"Huh. We have looked every where. I give up." (Did I mention its been almost three days of Cory and I searching every drawer, looking under everything and even checking the potty?)
"Okay, whoever finds the remote will get two dollars."
Four minutes pass:
Found it!

Maybe one of these would help:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are MY boys.

the all mighty....dollar.?

Anonymous said...

I wish 2 dollars would work in our house! After 6 months of looking for a missing cordless phone, Tim offered 50 dollars to the person that could find it. You can imagine how much that disrupted out homeschooling. I couldn't get anyone to sit still and listen, they were scanning the room for the phone and thinking up odd scenarios as to where is could be. I even joined the hunt...50 bucks is a good shopping spree. NO LUCK! We still haven't found it. Personally, I think it is in palm pilot heaven (another long story)