
Gabe is officially a Tiger Cub! Well, he still has to work on reciting a few pledges but thankfully the Tiger Cub Handbook states on page 15 that "Boy Scouts of America prohibits any ceremony in which boys are physically turned upside down." Nice to see they phased hazing out of the Cub Scout/Boy Scout program. Every scout has to have an adult partner with them, so naturally I volunteered Cory for this job. I am afraid of one of the other Moms. She is just plain disturbing. Anyway, Gabe is enjoying his new friends, despite my fear of other peoples kids, and loves wearing the Tiger Cub uniform. I think this is just another way for boys to feel like Super Heroes, oh the power of the mighty tiger cub!
Here is the link to his pack (I keep calling it a troop, but that was Brownies/Girl scouts right?): 2096
P.S. we have to sell an enormous amount of popcorn, so if you want to buy some please email me! This is my plea for yet another fundraiser [why do schools and clubs make these little kids sell so much stuff? No wonder why our country has money issues] Don't make Cory and I eat 300 bags by ourselves, we might end up like this guy: Popcorn Lung

No comments:
Post a Comment