Kts3boys:

A blog a day keeps the therapist away.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

The big boy bed


Last night, right before bed time, Cory had an idea: Lets move Micah to the bed. So we quickly get the mattress up, the crib out and Micah ready. Dr. Phil would not be happy since we didn't properly prepare Micah for the change, but he has been asking for his own bed. He surprisingly did well, only waking up to scratch a few times, but he stayed in the bed until 7:45 am. I am not prepared for loosing another baby phase, the only thing left is the diaper so I think if I wait to just before kindergarten, I can hold onto my last baby. But Micah is an unusual baby, instead of having a favorite blanket or stuffed animal, he has a rope. Yep, a rope. Becca, you might remember those knot tying practice ropes that Pete Ferrell gave us, that's the one. Purple climbing rope to be exact. Most of the time he carries it with the Dora backpack too. Even to church, the grocery store or Grammys house. Dora's purple backpack and the rope, plus the pjs and hiking boots, so over all its a sight to behold. That's my baby, the one that now sleeps in a big boy bed.

No comments: