Kts3boys:

A blog a day keeps the therapist away.

Monday, June 2, 2008

Summer Break

Our summer break has started out with a week of just stay at home fun. Since Gabe worked his brain to the max at school, we started with a few non-mental activities. Gabe sat in front of the mirror to work on eye tricks. This is the sort of thing they don't teach you in class. (I am saving this picture for Gabe's first date, I see it being wonderful blackmail to make sure he gets home before curfew.)Then we thought we'd try some of these techniques with noddles for special effects. Too bad there is no award for this type of stuff, other than Letterman's Stupid Human Tricks.
We also adopted (or Cory rescued out of the dirty laundry pile since I screamed and ran yelling "get it, get it") a spider. The boys wanted to name him Spidey, but Cory and I decided Parker was a better name. The boys didn't get the Spiderman/Peter Parker connection and Micah calls it the 'pider anyway. Parker is some how surviving on popcorn and withstands a lot of shaking since Micah likes to carry the jar around. I keep having a fear that Parker is really a girl and will lay a million tiny eggs that will escape and run rampant around the house.
Cory is installing tile in out front entry way so that of course draws the attention of the little monkeys to play there. While trying to get a board game down from the over stuffed closet, the dominoes tin fell down and scattered everywhere. The distraction for the boys proved to be helpful because they played with those instead for over an hour, which gave me an hour to read and not have to play another game of 'Guess Who'.

1 comment:

Tim-Dawn said...

Great pics Gabe!!! I love the floor -looks really good Cor-great job. But not so much the spider -I'd have to loose that -fast in the trash!!(Sorry boys) Miss you all - can't wait to see you all. Love Mimi