Kts3boys:

A blog a day keeps the therapist away.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Micah's haircut

After seven years of being a parent we had another first this week, a trip to Ms. Cindy to get a haircut. Micah's hair was just getting to shaggy for the hot summer and we needed to lighten the load. Cory typically sits the boys on the workshop bench, buzzes their hair and blows them off with the air compressor for added fun. Since Micah's cute, baby hair doesn't mesh well with the clippers, we decided to actually go get his hair cut. I tried to trim it once at home, which made me positive for the fact that I was not meant to be a beautician. So we called Ms. Cindy, she cuts the hair for almost our entire church family from little kids to even the pastor. Pastor Hayes showed up for his appointment while Micah was still getting his cut. Micah is learning the relation of people since most of his friends at church have their grandparents there too. We were explaining that Pastor is Jordan's grandpa, when Micah asked 'Is Pastor the king of the church?' I love the way the three year old mind works....Some of this idea is from Micah's obsession with watching The Lion King everyday. Usually the first words out his mouth when he wakes up is, 'Can we watch the King of the Lion?' Gabe and I are ready to sell him to the lions. Anyway, since it was the first official haircut, I took Aunt Kelly along and we both snapped lots of pictures to commemorate the occasion. We are nuts, I know. Here is the before shaggy look:And the after:

6 comments:

♥Miss Writer said...

When I was Micah's age, I was obsessed with the Lion King too! I'd watch everyday at least once. And I had alllllllll the songs memorized. My personal fave was the one that Scar sung with the hyenas, (dunno if I spelled that right)

I have home movies of me running in the trailer living room, singing, "I just can't wait to be KING!" in my adorable baby voice. lol.

I hope you enjoyed this Kelsey flashback....

~QT

Tim-Dawn said...

Well Micah - How cute you are with your new haircut-- You are growing up way to fast!!! See you soon.
Love Mimi & Grandpa

Harpine Happenings said...

He doesn't even look like the Micah I know. A very grown up look for him...but how does it look with heels and a purse?

Faulkner3 said...

He looks so grown-up and handsome. I can't wait to hear what Raelin says when she see him on Sunday!!

Anonymous said...

The best part of the big event was when Micah,not moving his jaws as he was instructed, managed to tell Ms. Cindy several "knock-knock" jokes! ...and then the family secrets started to roll off his tongue..."my mom can't cut hair"!!

Love you Moo Moo,
Aunt Kelly :)

Houpe Family said...

Looks good! We just buzzed Trent's hair, and it's taken me a week to get used to it, he doesn't look the same. I need to post the pictures on our blog, so everyone can see.