Kts3boys:

A blog a day keeps the therapist away.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Summer Days

I have been trying to blog as things happen around here but the computer doesn't agree with this. I tried to log into this blog and it told me that I wasn't allowing cookies...cookies you say, I don't allow cookies? Apparently this computer world hasn't met me, I allow cookies! Cookies for breakfast, lunch and dinner. So now I am on a cookiefest, thanks to the lovely computer people to name yummy food and computer parts the same thing.
Back to the boys:
Since Micah has been having trouble with allergies, it was suggested to stay inside, also with 100 degree weather, I would rather stay inside. So the boys have been trying to come up with things to entertain themselves. Its awful when they won't just be satisfied with watching TV all day. So, Gabe had one day were he thought it would be fun to destroy the living room, not a problem since it no longer has the correct carpet color and everything has met a crayon. The boys spent 5 hours making caves, boats, and hitting devices out of the couch cushions. They ate lunch piled under cushions houses and they even tried to clean up afterward. Tried.



Micah has been making up fun of his own. Since he is not allowed to go to the pool and is restricted to wearing PJs all the time, he figured that he would have to take cooling off matters into his own hands. He grabbed a plastic basket that usually holds his pretend kitchen food, filled up a few cups with orange Kool-Aid and water, then mixed it all together. He also grabbed the bathtub toys and went for a little swim of his own.




Caleb, Caleb, Caleb. I would not want to be a middle child but he is laid back and seems to deal with it very well. Gabe gets to do the cool stuff, Micah is the baby and gets lots of attention- mainly our attempts to keep him happy and not scratching. However Caleb has found his imagination. He adapted the usefullness of objects in the house as toys. Lately is been Star Wars (I have to video tape him doing his Yoda impression), and even thought Mimi and Aunt Kelly gave him light sabers, he still finds other objects to use. Sometimes the objects are good ideas, sometimes they are flyswatters. Ick.

1 comment:

Jamie Downhower Olcese said...

Your boys definitely have active imaginations! I wonder where they get that from - didn't their Mom used to decorate her dorm room with M & M's wrappers and sleep in camping gear?