I know I haven't posted anything in so long, we are busy little bees!
Gabe has had a really great week, first starting with an awesome report card and teacher conference. This year Gabe started Target, not the shopping store but the gifted class at his school. He goes one day a week and loves his teacher and classmates. He is reading on a 3.5 grade level, we are very proud of how well he is doing...okay, I will try to not boast about my smarty pants child but we all know it didn't come from me so I feel that it's okay. He is a hard worker, which again I know didn't come from me, I was more of the 'let's see what I can coast by on' school attitude.
Today was another new adventure for him, his first road race. It was 2k and he did very well, coming in at 16:39. I was lucky enough to run next to him and he was thrilled to have Daddy and his brothers cheering him on. We tried to take more pictures but the camera wasn't up to working in the sub-zero temps. Well, not really that cold but the race was the Polar Bear Run and it was feeling very Polar if you ask me. I do have to add that I am so proud of my sister, Megan, for running this too! She came in at a faster time than she expected and I am very impressed with her determination to get healthy. They even had a Cub Run that Jackson and Colby ran in, in the nice warm gym, and every one is happy to have their race T-shirts and goodies.
Here we are pre-race with our 6:15 am hair:
Gabe was excited about having a race number and running across that finish line so we could get out of the cold!
Gabe was excited about having a race number and running across that finish line so we could get out of the cold!

2 comments:
That's great that Gabe is reading at a 3.5 level! More than half of my third graders aren't even there yet! Congratulations!
We are so proud of you Gabe!
Love and kisses,
Uncle Tim and Aunt Kelly
Post a Comment