Kts3boys:

A blog a day keeps the therapist away.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Caleb

Lately Caleb has been paying attention to the verbal exchange of adults and those of his smart mouthed older brother. We think they are just testing us to make sure we aren't slacking in our parenting skills. Aren't they so nice to do that for us?
This is the first year that Gabe had a chance to play the hand bells in the kids church Christmas ... production? musical ensemble? whatever it is. After explaining that he would not be the only one up there playing and that his best friend Jordan would be there with him, he agreed to play. Since Caleb enjoys music (and Jordan), we thought it would be a good idea to have him sit in 'big church' with us. We thought. He did okay until he found the Sawicki family a few pews behind him. And by okay, I mean loud whispering for how to spell things, giggling and attempting to lounge all over the pew. So Caleb thought he'd show the Sawicki's his drawing and maybe have a little conversation with them. Cory kept telling him to turn around and listen, and what was Caleb's response? "Daddy, I can hear backwards."
Following the service, the kids gathered downstairs for a Happy Birthday Jesus party and Caleb was playing with Jordan, and what should he chose to say right in front of Jordan's grandmother, who happens to be the Pastors wife? "Hey Jordan, pull my finger!"

Other saying of Caleb:

"Is blowing your top sort of like blowing a whistle? Cause I can blow a whistle!"

"I wasn't touching it, I was just looking at it with my hands."

But my most favorite thing happened yesterday, I'll try not to make it too much potty talk but with boys most of the funny stuff happens in the bathroom. We had another appointment with Micah's specialist and if you have ever had the pleasure of meeting medical staff you'll know not every one is nice. However when it comes to kids, they lighten up. The appointment lady won't give me a decent appointment time but once Micah show his little face somehow she manages to squeeze us in. So after Micah's visit we headed to the restrooms, following one of the not so nice staff members in, and Caleb was not happy about going into the ladies bathroom. But as we walked into the just cleaned room, he stopped and sniffed. "Mommy, it smells like girls in here!" A chuckle come from the newly occupied stall. The Caleb proceeded to do his business, all the while saying, 'but it just smells so nice like girls and ladies in here.' More laughter erupted when I asked the boys to turn around for my own privacy (which doesn't really happen in that tiny stall with two boys) and Caleb said 'Why? Do you have to go poopy? I don't want you to take away the nice smell!" I have high hopes of the staff being extra nice at next months visit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My nephew is simply BRILLIANT!!!!