Kts3boys:

A blog a day keeps the therapist away.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

SS Boyer

Well, I have finally reached the end of my film from Ohio (actually I have more marshmallow roasting pictures but we've already shown that topic before, plus most show me stuffing a lot of food into my mouth and we just can't let the general population see those. It's as bad as feeding time at the zoo.). After all the Hatzidakis' left the camp grounds and the cousins headed out for a day at Cedar Point, we decided to give the boys a day out. We had a nice list of historical villages to visit, but they were all closed on Mondays, and unfortunately it was Monday. Maybe it was for the best since the boys had just survived Fort Meigs a few days before. So we headed to the one place that was open, the SS Boyer. It was really neat, except the old grouchy tour guide man that scared the kids and I into being obedient to his rules. We tried to follow the map, but ended up just looking at the cool stuff. After the Boyer, we took an accidental driving tour of Toledo and it's greater metropolitan area. Wait, I take back the metropolitan part. I love you Mimi and Grandpa but you guys are right when you say Toledo is boring. We stopped for some local cuisine, again not so much cuisine but I loved the stuffed grape leaves and hummus. And the crazy lady that talked to no one in particular.

Grandpa couldn't figure out why his camera wasn't taking a picture....
There you go!

Micah was very upset that we wouldn't let him walk across that bridge in the background. Meanwhile I was scared and grasping onto anything solid because at this point we were up very high overlooking the water. I believe that God made me 5'2" for a reason, I'd probably throw up all the time if I was taller. The monkey's weren't scared at all, their low center of gravity made them feel invincible, which would explain them jumping over everything even if it was right next to the rails or wanting to climb towers.
Micah liked the captain's quarters.
Can you believe that these two monkey's are going back to school in 5 days? (Not Mimi, she has to work way too much. Her kind, caring bosses should give her a weeks paid vacation so she can come down here and visit us. Hint hint.... leave this post open on your desk Mimi.) Caleb and Gabe go tonight to meet their new teachers and see the classrooms.
Happy 32nd Birthday to Cory, who feels like the king of the world!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your blog!!! Happy Anniversary, Happy Birthday, Happy 1st day of school boys (next week)and it was a happy great time with you here in boring Toledo, OH!!! Love you all!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not anonymous!!! It's Mimi
Love you

Jamie Downhower Olcese said...

Wow - you guys did more in Ohio after just visiting for a few days than I did in 18 years of living there!