My little monkeys are creatures of habit. Every morning it's the same thing...chocolate milk and TV shows. Then they start shaking the bars of the cage asking for breakfast. For the past six years breakfast for the monkeys has always been oatmeal, maple brown sugar or apple cinnamon, thankfully not the fancy peaches and cream. Sometimes when we have guests or it's an extra special morning we will try pancakes or waffles but Micah doesn't like either and I am too lazy, busy I mean, to make two types of breakfast foods for my monkeys. About a month ago Micah discovered that cereal was breakfast food too. We usually have it as a snack, or dinner sometimes. And it's just not any cereal that he discovered....it was Golden Puffs, the giant Malt-O-Meal bag from WalMart. If you know cereal lingo Golden is just another word for Sugar. When Micah discovers something that he likes to eat, it's not just one or two servings, it's closer to eight or ten servings. Does anyone recall bologna? Micah ate about a pack every other day, hotdogs followed suit with two packs a week and he's even tried cookies as his staple food. There also was the week that he would only eat Whole Wheat Ritz crackers with vegan cream cheese. Well, now its Golden Puffs and Golden Puffs and more Golden Puffs. I can't seem to deny that little face, with those puppy dog eyes and wild monkey hair, so I just keep giving him more bowls of this stuff. Since I am in the running for Mom of the Year, I do give (sneak) him fruits and veggies, but if you were to pop open his tummy, it would largely contain Golden Puffs.
Here the little monkey prepares to chow down on bowl number one:

Micahs first words of the day are either 'I want cereal' or ' I want Daddy.' Cereal is much easier to pour into a bowl.

"Oh, boy, is this some good eats or what ?!"

Caleb, the Midgee Monkey, aims his spoon at a nice big bowl of Golden Puffs. You didn't think I would leave out my other monkey's did you? Other than the fact that I am unwilling to make two seperate trips to the pantry to get another breakfast food. I am just too lazy, um, busy for that! My mind keeps slipping with the sugar rush from my own bowl of Golden Puffs.

Golden Puffs can only be enjoyed in all it's true sugar and wheat puffiness when you have crazy monkey hair.


This is a wonderful breakfast...the breakfast of monkeys, champion monkeys.
2 comments:
Hey Aunt Katie!!!
Breakfast of Champion Monkeys???? Awwwwwwww...I miss my Monkey Cousins!
~Kelsey
We are addicted to Lucky Charms in the Faulkner house. The little child and her daddy eat it daily. Mommy prefers 2 or 3 cups of coffee!
Post a Comment