Well this is my 101st post... so as to not bore you to death, I am going to post 101 things about me. No, you don't look here to read about me, so how about 101 things about the boys? That seems easy.
1. Uh, they are boys.
2. They equates to three.
3. I am hungry.
4. Their up to date ages are 7, 4 and 3.
5. Number 3 was about me... but Micah is always hungry so maybe that can be about him too.
6. Is is bed time yet?
7. I don't think I can really do this.
8. My boys will learn that quitting isn't so bad sometimes.
9. My spell check on blogger is not working and I am highly mad...I'd use a bigger word but am afraid I'd mispell it and never be able to change it.
10. I quit.
Pre-blog, via the old email system, I wrote lots and lots and lots about the boys adventures and now I seem to love just capturing everything on film to just show you. It's not that I think your reading skill has digressed, but my laziness has really settled in... lazy, I mean busy! Suuuure, that's it. So I figured a few stories or antics would lull you into a dull coma state.
Gabe has been completely enthralled with telling us jokes. So thanks to Grampy and Grammy for furthering this passion with purchasing him a few knock-knock jokes books. I am so thrilled to have an alphabetical ordered accompaniment of never ending jokes, so thrilled that I locked myself into the bathroom, just to hear him raising his voice louder so I could hear the jokes. Even turning on the water didn't stop the jokes from coming.
Gabe also lost tooth number two. It would normally be a celebrated thing for a kid...well other than the fact that your mom put so much Baby Ora-gel in your mouth, while your dad twisted the little sucker out, that you slobbered for a good thirty minutes. 'I loth a thooth!' However, while we were getting the Tooth Fairy box under the pillow, it must have hit him that this little piece of him would be gone forever, if only he knew it would end up in my jewelry box until I figured out what to do with them. (Remind me to have my sister in law recount a story about my mother in law.) Anyway, plagued with the thought of never seeing this tooth again, he begged us to not let the Fairy have it, maybe we could give him another day before leaving it to her. He thought maybe she should just look at it, give him the money and the tooth back. He also gave the idea that maybe he'd save the tooth...for what? Crafts? Not to mention the first tooth never held the appeal of being saved, why start now? So we waited until the next night, without ever blinking at the missing tooth for 24 hours, he yet again couldn't come to terms with leaving the tooth. I, on the one hand, was wondering where this spawn came from, I mean what kid doesn't want cold hard cash, albeit 50 cents, instead of a crumby old tooth? Cory, on the other hand, was gentler and more understanding and gave Gabe the chance to think about it again. However, this time we never mentioned the tooth and here, almost a month later, the tooth still has never been left for the Tooth Fairy. It is sitting in a baggie in the kitchen and a certain someone hasn't noticed that they don't have it adorning a craft and they also never got money in exchange for it, so I guess we won't do the Tooth Fairy anymore. Which will save us a bunch of money to spend on candy. I mean oral hygenie products.
And since I mentioned the tooth being in a baggie, I have to think about Gabe's first haircut. When he was just about one, we gave him his first little hair cut. Now if you had never seen Gabe as a baby, he had the cutest little curly mohawk that was blond as could be. So I thought that with the first child you are supposed to save those beloved little curls for a baby book or to match up the later tooth that falls out. Do I notice a theme about saving the parts of a baby? I think it's just gross. Anyway, I brought the very blond curly locks over to Grammy's house in, you guessed it, a zip top baggie. However I failed to mention to her that I had this precious gem with me as I joined her in the kitchen, cooking as she does so well, she needed a place to put a little pasta into something and spotted the seemingly empty baggie on the counter. I told you his hair was blond, so blond that in the light you couldn't really see it. So about an hour later I was telling her about the hair cut and that I brought the cute curl over to show her. I searched and searched for the bag but wasn't able to find it. I spotted the baggie of pasta... no.... it couldn't... be... oh, dear. I fished out a few un-starchy pieces, then looked at Gabe's real head of hair just to realize I highly doubt that I would ever run out of curly blond pieces to replace it with and I really wasn't the type of Mom that saved those things anyway. The boys baby books are filled in but with information gathered out of the American Academy of Pediatrics for when kids should generally talk, poop and walk. Which makes me wonder why the tooth is still hanging around...shouldn't it have been mistakenly cooked into something, used as a pebble in the sling shot or even made into a bookmark?
Kts3boys:
A blog a day keeps the therapist away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Happy 101!!!!! I cannot WAIT till I get there! also, Happy lost-a-tooth Gabe! I love reading your blog Aunt Katie,
Toodles,
Q.T.
Katie, I was laughing so hard at this one!!!! I can relate soooo well!
Post a Comment