Kts3boys:

A blog a day keeps the therapist away.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools Day, Part 1

It used to be that Halloween was my favorite holiday. I love the dressing up and getting free candy idea. (Micah and I had the flu and barely made it around the cul-de-sac without passing out.)
I thought that Christmas might be my favorite holiday...birth of our Savior, seeing the kids get excited and all the parties with delicious food.
However, I have come to realise that as a Mom of school aged kids, my new favorite holiday is actually April Fools Day. What better was to show your kids that you love them than by tricking them and cackling at their expressions when you get them with a joke. Yes, I cackle. I decided to go easy on Caleb during school hours since he cried last year with the fake cupcakes and I didn't want to get a phone call from the school. But Gabe...well, I packed in his backpack a prune can and a note taped to it say that I forgot to buy more school snacks so he would have to eat the prunes today, so sorry. Of course his regular snack is packed inside the can if he dares to open it.
I have dinner (cat litter casserole) planned for tonight and am in the middle of unloaded all their clothes out of their dresser drawers to be replaced with shoes, toys and kitchen utensils. Part of their bedtime routine is to pick out clothes for the next day so I can't wait to see what they try to dress with. And if I can time it just right, dye in the toilet tank so when they flush it comes out a different color.

No comments: