Kts3boys:

A blog a day keeps the therapist away.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

April Fools Day, Part 2

For dinner we had grilled cheese and tomato soup:Which received this review:All because it was really pound cake, cheese colored frosting and strawberry syrup. Look, I even burned some to match my real life grilled cheese. Gabe was resisted this trick at first because he pointed out that he does not like processed cheese and that gooey looking stuff looked a lot like very highly processed stuff. Caleb didn't know what was different about his favorite sandwich but he was all for it!
Then came dessert. Innocent looking cupcakes, aside from unnaturally blue food coloring:
That received the following reviews:
And that was because it was really meat, cheese, biscuits and mashed potatoes:This was not liked at all. Caleb took a giant lick off the 'icing' and was thoroughly disgusted....maybe because he cannot stand potatoes...at all. Ha, ha, ha...I love being a mom. I did feel a little bad when he started crying, but everything up until then was very funny. He did get over it when he realised that I let him have dessert for dinner. A very successful April Fools Day over all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually it looks pretty good!!! and you aren't really "mean" just creatively devious!!!

"The Queen of Free" said...

Bwhahahaa. Too cute and funny. ;)

Sarah and Mike said...

Katie, you are the most awesome mom ever. How do you have time for such things. I remember how creative your mom always was when we were little. You must take after her:) I hope that I will be as creative as you someday! (Sarah)