A while back I talked about the Jessica Seinfeld book in which she sneaks veggies into her family's food. When I first got the book from my mom, I browsed it and then put it in my overflowing cabinet of cookbooks that tumble down every time you open the door. I loved the idea but just was waiting for a good time to really start doing all the work, and as usual, it took me a few months to start. I haven't been using that many of the recipes since most things have to make it past the list of things Micah can actually have (FYI- found out he has a corn allergy too). However, I have been using her gist of steaming, blending and freezing and just add extra veggies to what we do eat. I finally told the boys about sneaking the veggies in and now at dinner time they love to guess which ones are in their food. They would never normally like carrots or squash but since it's mixed into ketchup, cake and pasta they love it! (Okay, they didn't enjoy the cauliflower in the chocolate pudding.) We still have to eat our regular veggies but since cake and treats are now a little healthy, we are all happy. Well, except Aunt Kelly since when she comes over for dinner, she says 'Just don't tell me what's in it this time!'
Kts3boys:
A blog a day keeps the therapist away.
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Delicious
Micah likes it! Can you guess the hidden veggies?
A while back I talked about the Jessica Seinfeld book in which she sneaks veggies into her family's food. When I first got the book from my mom, I browsed it and then put it in my overflowing cabinet of cookbooks that tumble down every time you open the door. I loved the idea but just was waiting for a good time to really start doing all the work, and as usual, it took me a few months to start. I haven't been using that many of the recipes since most things have to make it past the list of things Micah can actually have (FYI- found out he has a corn allergy too). However, I have been using her gist of steaming, blending and freezing and just add extra veggies to what we do eat. I finally told the boys about sneaking the veggies in and now at dinner time they love to guess which ones are in their food. They would never normally like carrots or squash but since it's mixed into ketchup, cake and pasta they love it! (Okay, they didn't enjoy the cauliflower in the chocolate pudding.) We still have to eat our regular veggies but since cake and treats are now a little healthy, we are all happy. Well, except Aunt Kelly since when she comes over for dinner, she says 'Just don't tell me what's in it this time!'
A while back I talked about the Jessica Seinfeld book in which she sneaks veggies into her family's food. When I first got the book from my mom, I browsed it and then put it in my overflowing cabinet of cookbooks that tumble down every time you open the door. I loved the idea but just was waiting for a good time to really start doing all the work, and as usual, it took me a few months to start. I haven't been using that many of the recipes since most things have to make it past the list of things Micah can actually have (FYI- found out he has a corn allergy too). However, I have been using her gist of steaming, blending and freezing and just add extra veggies to what we do eat. I finally told the boys about sneaking the veggies in and now at dinner time they love to guess which ones are in their food. They would never normally like carrots or squash but since it's mixed into ketchup, cake and pasta they love it! (Okay, they didn't enjoy the cauliflower in the chocolate pudding.) We still have to eat our regular veggies but since cake and treats are now a little healthy, we are all happy. Well, except Aunt Kelly since when she comes over for dinner, she says 'Just don't tell me what's in it this time!'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment